Susquehanna (1-10-2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna (1-10-2021)

Planning on launching out of Jean Roberts to fish for yellow perch/catfish on Sunday morning if anyone’s interested. Harford Crabbing and Tackle carries minnows. It might be a little early for perch there, but it looks like a nice day and blue catfish also like the minnows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J

A 57 pound flathead was just caught around the Lapidum region from shore. Lots of blue cats caught from port deposit on shad netted in the river.

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown View Post
      A 57 pound flathead was just caught around the Lapidum region from shore. Lots of blue cats caught from port deposit on shad netted in the river.

Holy smokes - that’s massive! I haven’t launched from Lapidum yet or caught a flat head. Both of those are on my list.

J

Comment

Yeah. Look up ‘Joshua Dixon Flathead Cecil county’. Good pic.

Comment

A little too early for yellow perch but there should be some good size blue cats around there.

Comment

Ended up catching two yellow perch on minnows out there today. One was a keeper and the other was a close throw back. It sure was cold! There were about five other kayakers out and it was pretty slow overall.

Water was fairly dirty with a lot of floating debris and the water temperature was around 37 degrees. I did see a commercial guy pull in a few traps with some perch in them.

J

Comment

Good to know YP are showing up early, usually anyone fishing around there at this time is for cats.

Comment

Working...
              X