Pocomoke River Report - Jan '21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocomoke River Report - Jan '21

I was able to get out for my first trip of the year this past Sunday on the Pocomoke River to look for perch, crappie, and pickerel. I dead sticked one rod with a jig and minnow under a bobber while I casted another with a tandem jig and minnow I slow bounced off the bottom. Water temps were around 35 - 37 all day and the fishing was hit or miss. I just kept moving along the river until I found a school worth spending more time fishing.

Once you found the hole they were hanging in, there was a steady pick of smaller male yellow perch, but I only found a few bigger females 11-12" worth keeping. I found a handful of crappies but only 1 worth keeping at 12". Crappie action seemed slow overall. And I landed 4 pickerel that were all clones of each other at 19 - 19.5". Most of the fish came casting over drifting a boober. I brought home 3 yellow perch and 1 crappie for dinner.

It was too cold out to be pulling my gloves off and on to be taking pictures too much, so all I have for a picture is of the first pickerel I caught
    IMG_0220.jpg
    Brian

Thanks for the report. Hope thing pick up quick this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks. Great to read about catching fish in the middle of winter.

Comment

You did well. Good variety.

Thanks for posting.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
        X