No announcement yet.

Early Springtime kayak Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That actually sounds very similar to my trip on Satruday. The fish finder was lit up with marks big and small at all the places I anchored, and I was pretty consistently getting nibbles, just bites that make your rod bounce 2 or 3 times, then nothing. More activity than the first 2 times I went out but still a frustrating day.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

No matter how carefully we select locations, no matter how well equipped we are, no matter how skilled our techniques, the willingness of the fish to cooperate is by far the most important factor in our ability to catch them.

Fortunately, fishing provides much more enjoyment than just the act of catching. Like most on this forum, I don’t measure a successful outing by the number of fish I catch. The best part is just getting out. Catching fish is a side benefit to an act that is a reward in itself.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Regardless of the big cats not being hungry I still had a great time on the water and really appreciate being able to tag along with Ron. I still learned quite a bit out there and glad I finally fished the Pax River. I would post a picture of my FF screen showing huge marks all around but I’m sure we’ve all been in that situation before. Thank you again Ron and I am looking forward to hitting those southern Maryland waters much more this season hopefully with you and some of the SMOG crew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mike

2020 Hobie Outback - Camo

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeith13 View Post
          Regardless of the big cats not being hungry I still had a great time on the water and really appreciate being able to tag along with Ron. I still learned quite a bit out there and glad I finally fished the Pax River. I would post a picture of my FF screen showing huge marks all around but I’m sure we’ve all been in that situation before. Thank you again Ron and I am looking forward to hitting those southern Maryland waters much more this season hopefully with you and some of the SMOG crew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Ditto with me too!
          MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
          2016 Hobie Outback LE
          Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
          https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Working...
          X