Tridelphia Reservoir is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tridelphia Reservoir is back!

Long time follower of the forum, and first time poster. I live in the DC area, and fish a lot on the Potomac, western rivers, and area lakes.

I've been doing quite a bit of fishing at Tridelphia Reservoir since they reopened it to fishing last summer after multiple years of drawdown to work on the dam. Last year I mostly caught dinky largemouth bass as the lake had a very successful couple of year classes as the lake was being refilled. This spring has produced some nicer fish though in addition to the small largemouth. I have caught a number of northern pike in the 18-22 inches range, and landed a five pound largemouth and four pound smallmouth in the last month.

I have found four inch grubs and paddletail jigs to be the best producers for bass, while the pike really love a spinnerbait although they are very hard on them. During my last trip one of them snapped the wire arm on my best spinnerbait like a twig. I expect the pike fishing will slow down as things warm up, but I'm excited to see how big they get in the years to come.

tridelphia lmb.jpg

tridelphia smb.jpg

tridelphia pike.jpg
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

That’s a monster smallie. Very envious.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Got her almost right at the kayak, and it's still the only smallie I've caught there. I was very lucky to catch her.

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      That’s a monster smallie. Very envious.
      - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

I really wish they didn't close the lake down for the winter. I didn't catch any pike over the summer either, but started catching them in late fall.
        - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Nice feeshes.
          Native Slayer 12
          Native Ultimate

Comment

Wow! Those are healthy looking fish. Is the best place to launch at the boat ramp? Checking out google maps, the other public launches look all dried up, so Ive never went
            -Jon
            Revo 13

Comment

The place is full of water now that the dam is repaired. All the launches should be available. You can catch fish close to any of the launches. Rocky Gorge is fishing well too.

Comment

Can confirm that Tridelphia is at full pool, and all the ramps are open. Its like fishing an entirely different lake compared to last fall.
                - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Plus all the newly created "cover" in the form of bushes and small trees that sprouted up while the water was low for dam repair. It has really "changed the game" for fishing there. Suprised to see that a lot of the bushes/small trees that are partially submerged are sprouting leaves and continuing to grow.

Comment

Yeah, that really blew my mind, especially with some of those trees in 20+ feet of water. I'm not even sure how best to fish cover like that! Its going to make summer fishing interesting.
                    - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Beard View Post
                      Yeah, that really blew my mind, especially with some of those trees in 20+ feet of water. I'm not even sure how best to fish cover like that! Its going to make summer fishing interesting.
                      Im interested to see how it fishes this summer. I caught a few pike this spring on a spinnerbait over top the submerged brush. This past fall I was finding schools of bass stacked up on the edges of it where it would converge with the creekbed.

Comment

Wow. Nice smaller! Prob 20 in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown View Post
                          Wow. Nice smaller! Prob 20 in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          It was only around 18, but it was fat as all get out.
                          - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

My friends that have tried it lately have mostly been getting pike and small bass. The warm up coming this weekend should get them biting again, and I can't wait to see what happens when the cicadas really explode up there.
                            - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Nice one! That's a quality fish on Tridelphia!
                              - Cliff

Hobie Compass

Comment

Working...
                              X