Striped Bass Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striped Bass Season

I'm looking at http://www.eregulations.com/maryland.../striped-bass/ and am I right that catch and release fishing for striped bass should be okay now in the Annapolis/AA area? Maybe I'm just tired, but the descriptions and maps are giving me a headache. Usually head out from Jonas Green or nearby launches. Thanks.
    Ocean Trident Ultra 4.3
    Hobie Revolution 13 Red Hibiscus

Because the written striper regs are so complicated, DNR created maps with different colors to show the status of different water bodies. See https://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/p...2020_regs.aspx. I interpret the May 1 to May 15 map as allowing catch and release striper fishing in the Severn and catch and keep in the main stem of the bay south of the bay bridge. I hope to give it a first try on Mon morning.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Good luck in your new ride. Hope it works for you.
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        Because the written striper regs are so complicated, DNR created maps with different colors to show the status of different water bodies. See https://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/p...2020_regs.aspx. I interpret the May 1 to May 15 map as allowing catch and release striper fishing in the Severn and catch and keep in the main stem of the bay south of the bay bridge. I hope to give it a first try on Mon morning.
        Glad you interpret it the same way I do, that makes me feel quite a bit more confident in it. Best of luck tomorrow, well, today at this point. Let us know how it goes.
        Ocean Trident Ultra 4.3
        Hobie Revolution 13 Red Hibiscus

Comment

The DNR regulations makes no sense...the entire month of April closed to C&R then May 1st go kill the breeders...stupid...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            The DNR regulations makes no sense...the entire month of April closed to C&R then May 1st go kill the breeders...stupid...
            10000%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Jay

2022 Hobie Lynx - Dune

Comment

Yeah you should be good. I fished Good Hands sat afternoon after the monster wind storms. All the water was pushed out but managed two diaper stripers. About 14 in each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X