Breton bay 5/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breton bay 5/4

Fished Breton Bay today hoping to replicate my jigging success from last year. I did catch fish while jigging, and trolling paddle tails. Unfortunately the vast, vast majority were 11” carbon copies with the occasional 15” to spice it up. Did find one 18” but certainly not the quality I was hoping for. I didn’t keep track but probably 3 dozen or so fish in total, all rockfish in 3 1/2 hours on the incoming tide.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Sounds like about the size of fish I was getting down there this time last year. Does Breton ever get much of a sea trout bite?
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Mike and I decided to hit different spots this morning, but both in the Slower Lower..I had 10 or so 18-20 inch fish and one really nice female I tried to lift in the cockpit by the leader...stupid, rookie mistake with a green fish on a 1/8 oz Deathgrip jighead...I straightened the hook...every fish was planned as catch and release so I was not too disappointed...this is my third season of not harvesting a single striped bass...none...especially the trophy fish of 35 inches and above- fishy tasting- nasty...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Beard View Post
        Sounds like about the size of fish I was getting down there this time last year. Does Breton ever get much of a sea trout bite?
        While we do catch specks in BB they aren’t thick in it, we have better spots to hit if that’s what we’re after. The last couple years we’ve been catching some high quality rocks in the bay, so not every day is like as mediocre as today was.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
        X