Slower Lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower Lower

I’ve been out 3 times this week freezing my butt off with 5:45 launches but the fish haven’t seemed to mind the cooling water. I fished Mother’s Day and was treated to spectacular skies.

Caught plenty of 16” footballs and not another boat at the launch or on the water. Everyday should be Mother’s Day. I joined Ron on Tuesday and we caught lots of 16-18 stripers and the first speck of the year (no, I won’t say where). Today I was back at Breton Bay and had a blast catching 19” footballs both jigging and trolling. Bite turned off when the sun got higher but my body didn’t mind the warmth.

Hope folks are getting out. Fishing has been good so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

will be down there all next week, any advice on tackle?

Comment

We’re using the same stuff everyone does. 1/8 to 3/8 oz jighead with a paddle tail. I’ve been using Bass Assassin 4” pearl with chartreuse tail and Zman Trout Trick in electric chicken with great success. I also jig 1 to 1 1/2 oz metal over oyster beds and along edges. Sometimes this is only 4-6’ but it will produce when trolling won’t.

For launch info look up St Mary’s county Public boat ramps. It will have St Inigoes, Piney, and Abel’s on Breton Bay.

There is a new restaurant, Pier 450, where the old Scheibles was near Courtney’s . If you’re looking for Something a little fancier, or you can get a burger, I recommend it. There is also a new Italian lunch place in the Ridge Market. I haven’t tried it yet but good reviews. Not open for dinner.
      Mike

Comment

did they open a motel or rentals also? i fished with the Scheibles for years gonna miss them. i unerstand Tom Courtney still works on the pound netsand his wife still works in the restaurant. true icons of the area, Courtney i believe is in the maritime museum at solomins island. he is a rare breed. thanks for the info much appreciated.

Comment

i remember stopping at Ricks marine for bait tackle etc years ago. Gonna miss him too.

Comment

They completely redid Scheibels (let’s face it, it was a dump at the end) and do have motel rooms. I think each one is a different theme. They also rebuilt the pier (all 450 feet, thus the name) and they’ve added fire pits and chairs to watch the sunset. The St Inigoes launch is almost directly across the creek From there.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X