South River Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South River Perch

I was able to finally get out on Saturday and caught my first few white perch on my home waters of the South River along the shoreline in the upper parts of Glebe Bay and Glebe creek using a combination of a big nose spinner and a 1/4 in jig on a safety pin spinner. Good news for everyone I think. As a rookie kayak fisherman this was my first post on this board; its been a great resource thus far and I have learned alot from many of you. Good luck to all as summer approaches!
    Steve
    Edgewater, MD

2020 Hobie Passport-Seagrass

Good to hear about the white perch Steve. I caught just one this weekend on the Eastern Bay, but it was one of the largest white perch that I have ever caught. I had to do a double take to be sure it was really a white perch :--)

I am a rookie kayak fisherman also. This is an incredible resource. I have learned a lot, which is just enough to realize that I don't know much. I went trolling from my kayak for the first time ever this weekend and it was a blast!!! I am so grateful to the people in this forum.

-Rob

Comment

Nice! I imagine in another week or two they'll be in full-on summer mode, hanging out around docks and trees and smashing spinners and anything else you throw at them. White perch are a lot of fun.
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

I hope so Dave. That would be great. Last year I had a lot of fun perching. There was a spot in the Severn that I caught a white perch on eight consecutive casts. I was disappointed when the ninth cast did not yield a fish. The quality of my problems had gotten much better :--)

Comment

Working...
        X