Susquehanna “Slam”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna “Slam”

I took my classic kayak to the Susquehanna at the mouth of Octoraro Creek on May 19 during the afternoon in search of late season Shad. Using a tandem Shad dart rig I started catching small rockfish. Moved a bit and hooked a chunky smallmouth bass that put up a nice fight. After a few break-offs of large fish I got a big one hooked up, it turns out to be a big channel cat. Almost ready to call it a day and I get another big hook up and fight. I believe it was an American Shad(Caught 2) as it was bigger and thicker than the hickory Shad that I caught recently in this area.
    LC3
    Attached Files

That is a great mix of species. Nice job.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That looks like a really big smallie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would advise not getting caught hauling striper out of the water in that area prior to Jun 1. Dnr looks for that in that area this time of year and it is a hefty fine if they think your targeting them. If you catch one release it while it's still in the water without pulling it out.

Comment

Working...
        X