Eastern Shore snakehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Shore snakehead

Usually I like to write with good reports but I spent all day yesterday fishing for snakeheads in 2 different Dorchester rivers and it was a GRIND. 8 hours fishing and I put 2 fish in the boat, my friend got 1. We each hooked and lost a couple (1 for me, 2 for him). We talked to every other angler we saw on the water and everyone had the same story... just one or two fish in the boat and a slowwww bite.

The water level was low at both rivers (Transquaking was very low) so a lot of the good snakehead-holding cover was up out of the water, but the worst thing was the carp. They are in full spawning mode and were going absolutely bonkers... I've never seen it so bad. Thrashing around in the shallows EVERYWHERE non-stop... both rivers were totally muddy and it had to be from all the mud they stirred up since we haven't had rain in weeks. I think all the commotion put snakeheads on lockdown.

Here's hoping for better luck next time
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Dave,

I am grateful for the "bad report." It is helpful information to me. My fishing partner and I alternate selecting fishing locations. He has never caught a snakehead and is lobbying to go to Blackwater this weekend, despite the fact that we had a great day last weekend on the Eastern Bay (also much closer :--). He has come to realize that the information on this forum is reliable and I am hoping that this will deter him from insisting on going to Blackwater this weekend. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by UnkleRob2020 View Post
      Dave,

I am grateful for the "bad report." It is helpful information to me. My fishing partner and I alternate selecting fishing locations. He has never caught a snakehead and is lobbying to go to Blackwater this weekend, despite the fact that we had a great day last weekend on the Eastern Bay (also much closer :--). He has come to realize that the information on this forum is reliable and I am hoping that this will deter him from insisting on going to Blackwater this weekend. Thank you.
      Yeah, sometimes it's good to know where not to go! I even wrote to Fishtalk with the same report and, like you, Lenny was grateful for the bad report... he says most people only write when the fishing is good. Good luck wherever you decide to go and post a report when you return!
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
      X