Lower Slower Weekend Update-Cold weather edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Slower Weekend Update-Cold weather edition

Saw a break in the weather this afternoon, with high tide at 1822, went for it. Figured after the recent rough weather the fish would be biting. Launched STI. Late evening trip paid off, even if we were bundled up in pants, hoodies, and beanies hours before June. Saw lots of osprey working. Stayed in the lee and the wind dropped as the evening carried on. Lots of bait on the surface and fish working top water as sunset arrived. Trolled and cast, quality thick shouldered white perch up to 11' aplenty. Lots of rockfish hitting both the perch pounders and 4" paddle tails in pink, limetreuse, chicken on a chain. Came home with a nice stringer of perch to be released into Lake Crisco. 20210530_194826.jpg20210530_200821(0).jpg20210530_191625.jpg
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

where is s t i

Comment

St. Inigoes
      Tight lines
      Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
      Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
      Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
      Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Great report Viet. I’ve never done great on perch at St I, maybe different this year.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Teddy and I hit it Tuesday...wind forecast was calling for SE winds at 10....more like sustained 15 gusting to 20...whitecaps and tons of loose grass fouling our lures...met another kayaker in a PA-14, but my old age memory fails me as his name...anyway, we hung on in the chop and slop and after three hours or so the winds dropped to 10...Teddy scored a beautiful 21 inch redfish...I got a speck and a bunch of stripers, some nice White Perch...took home a nice mess of perch for the table..all in all it was a very successful day on the water...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
          X