Not quite Rose Haven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite Rose Haven

Actually closer to Holland Point. The little stripers are thick here as in other reports. The real news is the perch. Spent a lot of time using perch lures and caught a lot of perch. Kept 10 over 10" with 2 over 11. Also a large blue cat guessing 12#, that I thought was a cnr. almost cut the line. Fish were all in 4 - 5 feet along the drop off. It was HOT.

One of the best perch reports I’ve heard this year.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice report! I've had some solid numbers this year, but nothing like this
      Tight lines
      Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
      Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
      Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
      Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Are there any places to launch a kayak in the area other than Rose Haven? The reason that I am asking is that it is my understanding that parking is very difficult on weekends at Rose Haven.

Comment

Originally posted by UnkleRob2020 View Post
          Are there any places to launch a kayak in the area other than Rose Haven? The reason that I am asking is that it is my understanding that parking is very difficult on weekends at Rose Haven.
          You can launch at North Beach, Chesapeake Beach, or Brownie's Beach, all south of Rose Haven and I believe all charge entry fees. North of Rose Haven (basically at the opposite end of Herring Bay) you can launch at Franklin Point State Park (free) - it's a short ways through a wooded trail from the parking lot to the launch site so best if you have a kayak cart. The launch puts you in a creek which is a short paddle out to the main Bay.

Rob, check this link: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/app...5f55ca6dcefc8a It's very helpful for scoping out launch sites!
          Last edited by dsaavedra; 06-08-2021, 09:20 AM.
          Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
          2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
          X