No stripers on Severn’s Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No stripers on Severn’s Sun

Trolled from Jonas Green out to the bay and then all the way back up to the 450 bridge with essentially no action. Virtually no bait or birds – it was warm and peaceful with no wind but nobody else was out there either as far as I could see. They must’ve known what I did not .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the striper bite in the Severn available to kayakers (because we cannot run and gun to find them) is best in the spring and fall. Even though we're technically still in spring, it has been warm the past few days. Stripers will retreat to deeper, bigger waters then. That pattern may have started.

You might have done better if you had continued past Greenbury Point toward Whitehall Bay and/or Hackett Point.

But who knows? Fish have fins and they move around a lot.

Our successes as anglers depend more on the moods and availability of fish than our talents. The more I fish, the more convinced I've become of that.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I think you are right – once you have a pattern that works wonderfully and all of a sudden you get skunked after four hours of fishing it certainly seems that fish simply are not available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X