New Kayak Launch on Curtis Creek - Patapsco River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kayak Launch on Curtis Creek - Patapsco River

Anne Arundal County is opening a new boat ramp and kayak launch in Solley Cove Park on Curtis Creek which is a tributary of the Patapsco River. This will provide public access to a great creek for fishing, and an alternative for launching from Fort Armistead to access the Patapsco River. I've posted a Facebook post from Alan Battista below on this Thursday's grand opening below.

"The new Solley Cove Park public boat ramp and kayak launch beach in Glen Burnie are done and in soft opening. You can use it now. It's a beautiful facility. You can back right up to the kayak launch beach and drop off your yak. It's on Curtis Creek across from the Coast Guard Yard and next to American Legion Post 277. You're invited to the ribbon cutting this Thursday, July 15, 2021 from noon to 1 pm. Please bring your yak and launch with the others. Rec & Parks asks that people get their kayaks unloaded and staged to launch no later than 11:45 am."

https://www.severnaparkvoice.com/sto...r-access,33709
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Thank you Cliff. Over the last couple of years, I have had some great outings on the Patapsco, but I never really felt too comfortable launching from Fort Armistead. Trying to get back to the launch without disrupting the lines of the anglers of the 14' surf rods could be tricky. There were times where it seemed like they were casting setups with 3 oz weights at me :--(

Once, I did catch a guy's line and he was cursing me. When I got back to the launch, I approached him and apologized. He seemed very surprised and we had a nice chat. It is amazing what a smile and a friendly attitude can accomplish.

Comment

Working...
    X