Victoria Secret Specks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria Secret Specks

I really haven’t fished salt during the closure but decided to try for specks today. Went to an area where you could catch stripers but specks are more prevalent. First couple hours we had a nice ripping tide and virtually nothing to show for it. Lots of short taps from what we found to be an invasion of spot after finally hooking one. Around 7 the tide started to slow considerably and I put on my Victoria Secret lure, 3” hot pink Gulp. I started catching trout with this switch. Ended up with 5, 2 at 19” highlighting the day. Normally don’t keep but felt like a fish supper so they have a date with lake Crisco coming.

I’d run into a friend on the water who didn’t have any I love pink lures, so I gave him my last 3 pink Gulp. Bam, a 14” flounder and 18” trout on back to back casts. Prior to that he’d caught a couple small rockfish, but no trout.

So today we needed a minimal tide and they only wanted pink. Who knows what will work next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Nice job and great report Mike! Sitting at work, having lunch currently. Gonna have to roll the boat out this evening or tomorrow!
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Good decision to switch lures or colors. Nice work on the trout. I too have had a few days when the fish wanted pink.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sounds like an awesome day! Do the trout stay active in the shallows into the fall months? From what I gather they are active in the spring before the water gets too hot then they slow down and go a bit deeper in the heat of the summer. Is this right?
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Originally posted by dsaavedra View Post
          Sounds like an awesome day! Do the trout stay active in the shallows into the fall months? From what I gather they are active in the spring before the water gets too hot then they slow down and go a bit deeper in the heat of the summer. Is this right?
          We really don’t change locations or tactics from the spring until they disappear in the fall. Maybe we should shift to deeper but we don’t and generally catch them shallow. But then again we fish at dawn, if it’s midday we may not have the same success.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by dsaavedra View Post
            I've experienced the same, caught them in the same general areas from May thru the end of September/early October for the last couple of years
            Tight lines
            Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
            Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
            Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
            Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Working...
            X