Decent Day at Solley's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Day at Solley's

I got back on the board this weekend with a Saturday morning trip to Solley's Cove. Most importantly, the kayak loader worked well and I was able to load/unload rather easily and independently. I caught a couple of schoolies early, and switched away from paddletails due to the closure.

I worked hard for a few white perch. A nice surprise was that I caught a couple beautiful yellow perch (one of which was very nice sized).

It was a nice day on the water. The facilities are nice. I would have liked to have caught a few more fish, but it was nice to be back out on the water for sure.

Glad to hear that you are back on the water again and that your loading device is useful.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Good day. Every day on the water adds a day to your life, so use that loader often.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I had the pleasure of joining Rob on Saturday morning. He got one of those perch right behind my kayak! He was using a much larger bettlespin than me, and I think the extra weight keeping it near bottom was the trick on that catch. I caught a couple dozen perch on bettlespins and two inch paddletails, but the most impressive fish were the two pickerel I caught. Both measured about 20 inches, and a third that looked even bigger took a swipe at my lure at the kayak. Definitely returning to Solley's in the fall once things cool down because that creek has some big ones!
        pickerel.jpg
        - Cliff

Hobie Compass
        Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Great to hear of pickerel in that area.

Comment

Working...
          X