Week report of 08/29-09/03, Lower Potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week report of 08/29-09/03, Lower Potomac

Went out Sunday and ended up with a small spec, lizard fish, perch, 12-14" puppy drum, couple of 8" flounder, and schoolie rocks. Most species I've caught in a day, new PB. Mostly caught on a hot pink perch hounded. The rocks and drum were on a 1/16 oz. pink jig head and 4" pink/chartreuse paddle tail. Monday was slower with small schoolies handsome decent perch. Tuesday I had a weather window and trolled a creek channel on the outgoing tide in the evening. Started with a lizard fish and then some perch. Big hit of the day was a 17" rock that fought hard. As others have noted, these 17" fish seem to fight differently this time of year. Took a break on Wednesday, due to the weather. Thursday, I had other obligations. Back to fishing Friday! I had a very brief window. I went for it and glad I did. Wasn't sure how the weather we've had would effect the pattern. On the way out, lots of small bites and debris on the line. Can see harassing bites and teeth marks on my paddle tail. Clear the channel and the rod goes down hard. Solid hit lands a 21". Hope everyone has a safe weekend, especially if you get out on the water.
    20210903_195206.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ski357; 09-04-2021, 10:41 PM. Reason: Tried to remove pig picture, fail
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Oops, meant to post this pic. Not the pig I'm cooking today

20210903_194829.jpg
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160