Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught one at Harbor Hospital!

Woohoo! You guys were right!

I finally caught a fish, and I did it with the x-rap that looks like a sardine, just like you recommended! And I caught a nice fat 22" rockfish! Just the one, but still... I was so excited. My girlfriend is already impressed and she hasn't even seen the monster yet.

I caught it at 4pm out by buoy #2 right in front of ft mchenry in about 25 ft of water. I was trolling with the xrap. Awesome!

Where were you guys?? Oh... Work? Ehh, I played hookie today

Thanks for all the great advice.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Pretty damn exciting isn't it!? Hahaha, nice work!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Yeah, i was freaking out. And now that it's not flopping around anymore, it's actually 24"! I'll post a photo later.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback

Comment

of course that "sardine" x rap was the only lure you purchased at BPS...right!? What a fine feat of shopping!
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Did sombody say Dinner...The weather being fairly consistent the fish sould stay up in there a few weeks...
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Congrats on the 1st keeper rock, took me two years to get my 1st keeper, granted I didn't fish for them as much as I would of liked.

Comment

Thank you thank you.

I bet you didn't have a website full of skilled anglers giving you advice as to where to go and what to use either

My gf and I ate some of the fish. It was really tasty. Now I need to get to the bottom of why I didn't catch more when I was marking TONS on the fishfinder.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback

Comment

congrats on the catch, I get excited everytime I catch anything.

Comment

Life Cycle of a Rockfish

Sorry rockfish, you're just too tasty...

Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback

Comment

chezone – I may have seen you at HH on Wednesday9. I had just loaded my green Oldtown canoe onto my car when I spotted a peddle-driven kayak out about 200’ from the ramp. This would have been around 1:30pm or so.

I had launched around 10:00pm and slowly fished my way out to the barge just before McHenry before turning back. I too only caught one striper (23”) plus a couple of micro dinks. Kind of a disappointing day. I was using 5” soft plastic on 1oz heads, chart silver-glit. Also saw lots of good marks on the FF, more than usual, but you never know for sure what’s down there. As another poster can attest to, the area has huge carp cruising around. In past years I’ve spooked sizable schools of carp, maybe 10-15 strong, back by the RR pivot bridge, big SOBs too.

This is a nice cozy site. I joined several months ago but am just now getting around to making my first post.
                    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

HJS, yep that was me! I saw you too. Hey, a 23" fish ain't bad for a day's work! I might bring a heavy sinker and some cheese balls next time to catch some o' them carps.
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback

Comment

As far as sizeable carp near RR bridge, they definitely pile up there in the spring. Have shot some HUGE carp in the spring just up river. Some pushing 35lbs. Have lost a few that I'm sure went 40lbs. They look huge pushing upriver with males all around splashing everywhere.
                        2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Great job and hell of a first keeper you got there. Sounds like this area is giving up great numbers of good fish.

Comment

WTG Chexone!
                            Good eatin..
                            GB

Comment

Congrats !! real nice fish and looks like very tasty prep.

Comment

Working...
                              X