Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic day Outdoors!

I'm too tired to write a long report...
    Today I hunted Geese in the morning and we got our limit and I also shot my first ever snow goose:

In the afternoon I took out my kayak and caught a thick 21 inch Striper at the head of the Gunpowder River. I covered a lot of water, but it was worth it:
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Great Job!!!
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

OK...next week...want to try a deer - duck-rockfish day?? I have been thinking of trying that!
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I've never hunted deer, but maybe one day...
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Sounds like a much better day than mine .... lol..

I slept till noon, got on the boat at 2, went to weavers marina and gassed up (115 gallons for only $479), out to the mouth of back river and jigged a little without a nibble, and heard a few shot gun blasts near pleasure island.

But Im gassed up and ready to head south tomorrow in search of bubba!!
          As long as the wind isnt to bad.
          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Ryan -

Nice Chesapeake doubleheader. We are fortunate to live in an area where we can catch or hunt something almost every month of the year.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That's an excellent day, and that fish is really fat. Pretty cool.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice fish!

Comment

schweeet!!! - congrats!

Comment

Congrats on your first snow goose....tuff birds to get to decoy. good job!! real nice day birds in the am and rock in the pm....... just curious will the snow or canada be on your thanksgiving day menu. used to hunt geese a while back never bagged a snow... many a canada back then, my mom would prepare them for me and the meat would fall off the bone it took her a few to get it right but wow.... some good eats. sound like a day to remember!! All the Best!!

Comment

The snow goose was a big surprise. We had a big group of canada geese working our spread and all of a sudden a little snow goose comes out of nowhere and joins them. Luck would have it that the snow goose came right at me, feet down and I finally dropped it on my third shot. I've hunted canada geese for over 10 years and this is the first time this has happened.

As far as having goose for Thanksgiving, a lot of the people in my extended family would probably not want to try it. I've always joked about making a goose dish, but never have, maybe I will this year...

Luckily my wife will eat just about anything that I cook and we have goose about once a week from now until about July or August. I like to grind it and make chili, stew, tacos, spaghetti... Its also good marinaded and grilled in Strips. I also like it sometimes in the slow cooker which is probably the way you are talking about preparing it. My mother-in-law even made some jerky last year and that was pretty good too!

PS - we bagged another limit of canada geese this morning and Im hoping to catch Striper again tomorrow morning! I love this time of year!
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

doesn't get any better then that. you had good weather today for birds...i'm sittin here at work and smiling ear to ear nice job!! i think you could see birds lock thier wings drop in on your decoys a thousand times and it will still get your heart racing and that feeing is hard to describe... one of the most beautiful sights to see!! ducks or geese. congrats on the snow again!! enjoy good shooting and fishing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
                          doesn't get any better then that. you had good weather today for birds...i'm sittin here at work and smiling ear to ear nice job!! i think you could see birds lock thier wings drop in on your decoys a thousand times and it will still get your heart racing and that feeing is hard to describe... one of the most beautiful sights to see!! ducks or geese. congrats on the snow again!! enjoy good shooting and fishing!!!!
                          Agreed, we got our limit today out of two groups that could not have come in any better...
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                          X