Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday... key bridge, harbor hospital...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday... key bridge, harbor hospital...???

The weather looks good for Sunday. Like to hook up with a few more of the Rock in the area. If the weather holds like to take advantage of it. Anybody thinking the same would be nice to fish together. ""Bent Rods & Tight Lines Always"" PHIL

The weather is indeed looking good thru the weekend. However, heavy rain Tuesday night and Wednesday morning has caused to Patapsco River to rise 6'-8'. That's going to dump a lot of dirty water into the Middle Branch on the other side of HH from the ramp. So... dunno how that may affect water clarity and fishing, certainly not going to help.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Was thinking of getting out somewhere this weekend. That may be on my radar. I'm going to keep an eye on the streamflow gauges...
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

No Go On The Potomac

Looks like a no go on the Upper Potomac this weekend. Too much flow from the recent rains.

I might be at Triadelphia or Rocky Gorge.

Comment

hmmm, I kind of like that idea too, have you been to rocky gorge lately? I would think the bass bite should be pretty good...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Went About A Month Ago

I kayak fished the upper section of Rocky Gorge right before or after Halloween. I ened up catching one white perch while trolling a crank bait. I've also went to Triadelphia around the same time and got skunked there. I picked up a bottom bouncer rig and want to try that with a walleye worm harness or with a floating rapala minnow bait and see if I can get anything to bite.

Comment

Closed

Looks like Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia closed 11/15/11 for the season.

Comment

I fished harbor hospital on thurs...... caught 2 small rock 12 - 14" water was stained sliver chrome rappala rattle trap.... also trolled a 6" broken back rappala with a 1 1/2 oz sinker.... not even a sniff from what i could tell. most of the fish i have been able to hook up with have come from around the hanover st bridge. largest was 22" on sunday....... do you guys think the rock in any numbers are still up river at this time not sure of the water temps in that part of the river. thinking if they have moved may invest the effort and time around the deeper water of the key bridge....????? not 100% for sunday but i'm leaning that way is anyone is fishing that area on sunday the water was cloudy on thurs and last sunday was much clearer.

Comment

HJS. the water on thurs 11/24 was stained.... just looked at the forcast chance of rain and winds @ 17mph.... that may keep me off the water and home raking leaves

Comment

Tomorrow's forecast is calling for calm breeze and relatively mild november temps. Im heading out, just have not decided where yet...
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm thinking of putting-in at maybe HH sometime tomorrow (Saturday) mid-morning. Also considering launching at a care-top only place back in Curtis Creek by the American Legion. Curtis Creek hasn't done much for me the past year or two though. See what my mood is come tomorrow morning.
                      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Im thinking Severn or Bird River...
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                        X