2 new yaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new yaks

hey everyone,this has nothing to do with fishing.i wanted to let everyone know i just got 2 new yaks.my neighbor has 4 and is moving too colorado.she sold me 2 kayaks 4 crab pots a paddle and a really nice life jacket for 50 bucks,and im not kidding.im exited,they arent fishing kayaks,if anyone can let me know wut to put on them or add to them to make them fishing yaks plz let me know

Thats quite a deal! As far as a "fishing kayak" Many manufacturer will just put rod holders on the kayak to call it a "fishing kayak." You can put on flush mount rodholders or scotty/ram type rodholders, whichever you prefer.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

i know about rod holders and anchor trolly,i just wanted any other ideasd i didnt think of,but thanks anyway

Comment

Way to go Andrew. Are they sit on tops or sit inside. That matters alot on rigging advice.

Of course this is probably bad news for me. Now you will really be catching all the fish in the South River.

Comment

Does she plan on selling the remaining two? I am in the market for another one. Would like to see some pics of them if she is willing to sell any more
          Thanks,
          Tom
          Tom Brown
          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

*they are both sit in 11 foot yaks
            *she sold the other to to another neighbor for 100

Comment

Thats cool then. Sounds like she liked you just a little bit more than the other neighbor. You made out a whole lot better than the other guy did thats for sure. I had an 11ft sit-in Pungo as my 1st Yak and had 4 scotty rod holders on it, as well as a fish finder. Thats what is great about a sit-in, Its easier to install flush mount rod holders or deck mount or whatever. The openness is a deff. plus to your advantage.
              Tom Brown
              Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13
              2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
              X