• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torqeedo Ultra Lite

WOOOOO HOOOOO !!!!!!!! ............. JUST ORDERED MINE from Hook1

My Christmas present to me ............

http://www.torqeedo.com/us/hn/produc...light-403.html

question is will you wait till christmas to open your gift.... i have a $1.00 says ya don't wait..... pretty good bet huh? hope your new motor meets all of your expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
      question is will you wait till christmas to open your gift.... i have a $1.00 says ya don't wait..... pretty good bet huh? hope your new motor meets all of your expectations.
      I won't take that bet ............ I should have 1 in both of my PA's incase somebody is thinking about 1 or just wants to try 1 out ............ hopefully I will have both of them installed by the M&G at Kiptopeake

Comment

Two? Man, you are serious.

You won't need a mother ship to go out and get tuna
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Wow, congrats on the new toys......that is amazing....two of them.

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase!
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Hey Buddy, Can I PLEASE borrow one of those sweet rides at a meet and greet in the spring? I understand that you would have to be there as well... I'll come and pick it up at... wherever they are. I have that nice big Chevy Silverado Pickup Truck now and just got the extension bar to hang out of the back of the truck bed. I'd love to ride something nice for a change and something that I know I"ll never be able to afford otherwise. Just one question though.... What the #&%* do you need two of them for??? Were you thinking of giving me one of them??? LOL
              Tom Brown
              Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13
              2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Let me know when you get one rigged with a side imaging fish finder....that's what I'm drooling over now

Since you're getting two, you can mount one in each location. One can be on the rudder and the other in the drive well. You could practically ski behind the PA

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                  Let me know when you get one rigged with a side imaging fish finder....that's what I'm drooling over now

Since you're getting two, you can mount one in each location. One can be on the rudder and the other in the drive well. You could practically ski behind the PA
                  Well ......... I'll be playing with the different Torqeedo engines in the future ......... hoping to get them to design 1 with the 503 or 1003 engine and a bigger battery ........... now that would be the ultimate but it might be too powerful ....... will have to see. But right now the Ultra Lite is the best I've seen and really not that expensive bu comparison when you REALLY look at what you get.

Also thinking about converting my flat bottom bass boat back into a Reservoir Rig with the Torqeedo's ......... think about it. Reservoir rig today uses several Minnkota's and about 6 batteries which weight about 500 lbs extra weight for about $1500 ......... or a Reservoir Runner type for about $5000 and it's not good for trolling, or a home made golf cart again w/6 or 8 6 volt batteries weighing well over 500 lbs and not good at slow speeds.

Or ....... you can get 1 6 hp torqeedo and a couple of batteries that would not have the weight and can go fast or trolling speeds for less than the Reservoir Runner and faster than the Reservoir runner .........

My problem right now is space ........ don't have enough room for all of my trailers and I want to add a trailer for the 2 PA's

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post

Looking at either the side or down imaging DF. Need to know how they will work w/thru hull install. Also, I'm not convinced the side imaging is worth the difference in price .... at least for me .......... I can be convined though ...... I was with the Torqeedo's .......

Comment

I have a friend that has a reservoir boat that was powered by a homeade golfcart motor. He had nothing but problems with that. This summer he took the plunge and put a torqueedo on the boat and loves it. He mainly uses it at rocky gorge. The boat is fully decked out in aluminum so its super lightweight and well powered.
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                        Hey Buddy, Can I PLEASE borrow one of those sweet rides at a meet and greet in the spring? I understand that you would have to be there as well... I'll come and pick it up at... wherever they are. I have that nice big Chevy Silverado Pickup Truck now and just got the extension bar to hang out of the back of the truck bed. I'd love to ride something nice for a change and something that I know I"ll never be able to afford otherwise. Just one question though.... What the #&%* do you need two of them for??? Were you thinking of giving me one of them??? LOL
                        Sure ........ you can use one .......

I got the first 1 because it was a deal I couldn't refuse ..........

I got the second 1 because it was a deal I couldn't refuse and it was a 2011 with all of the improvements.

I plan on building 1 as my regular yak and the other to experiment with ........ or maybe sell it in the spring ........ has warranty till July ........

Comment

Hey MM, If you do decide to sell it, Would you be willing to take payments?? LOL. Its the only way i could afford it! Don't worry it wouldn't be anything less than $20 a month LOL. Seriously though, We can talk about it... Just let me know personally first prior to posting it if you can. I may have some money by then...
                          Tom Brown
                          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                          X