Goals for the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goals for the year.

There was a thread some time back about setting goals for this year and I just got mine yesterday

My main goal was, in a 1 year period, catch at least 1 fish every time out and get one in every month. I got my December fish yesterday. I got a pair of rockfish and it was not easy....well, I got the first one in 15 minutes so I thought it was going to be a banner day, but only 1 more for the next few hours. I wont do the 'no skunk' rule again because fishing became too stressfull as there were some close calls. I talked to a guy last time out who's friend had a goal of catching a striper over 30" every month with a flyrod.

I also got my spring striper from the yak, which was awesome.

The one goal I didn't reach was catching a snakehead. I never took the time to go snakehead hunting. So I'll save it for next year.

How did you guys do on your goals???

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

I still need my December fish. I should be able to pick up a largemouth or pickerel by the end of the month (I hope). A fish every month was my main goal. I wanted a snakehead, too, but I only got to try for them once. I might poke around the Mattawoman this winter to see if they'll bite.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
    X