Patapsco, 2-10-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco, 2-10-12

I fished the inner Patapsco on Friday, 2-10-12, 11:30am-2:00pm. I caught one striper, 26”, first fish for 2012. Also snagged several gizzards. Lots of gizzard marks were showing on the FF plus several schools of smallish baitfish. I worked the area over fairly heavily for 2.5 hours with only the one striper to show for my efforts, still not too shabby I guess but I have done far better there other years. The striper hit a 4” paddletail BA, chart/glit on a .5oz jighead fished slowly and very near the bottom (10’-12’).

Fishing conditions were fairly good too. Calm to near calm, 50F+ air temps, p cloudy, water vis ~3’. Only other boater there was a guy in a kayak. Unfortunately he got skunked.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Congratulations on the 26" striper. That is a great February fish.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Good Job, I am still waiting for my Feb Fish....

Comment

Very nice work. I'm getting the itch to do some striper fishing. Maybe I'll hit the BB next week.
        Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
          Good Job, I am still waiting for my Feb Fish....
          If you wouldn't have chickened out today, you would have caught your first 50 february fish!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Your report is right on time! Depending on the wind in the morning I am headed in that direction. Thanks for the report! Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
              Your report is right on time! Depending on the wind in the morning I am headed in that direction.
              Winds look pretty wicked for tomorrow. But if you go, Pvt Msg me. I'll be in B'more with yak loaded.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
              X