Beats a zero!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beats a zero!!!

Launched out of HH this afternoon with the wind howling. Almost didn't go out but weather was too nice to not give it a try. Wound up with my first striper of the year just under 20". I had two other hook-ups that felt very good but didn't get a good hook-set. Weather was incredible as I decided to leave. Wish I had done better but it beats a skunk.
    Attached Files
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Very nice! I had a skunk today fishing for pickerel in Stoney Creek.
    Hobie PA 12

Comment

Fine looking fish you caught there! What'd you catch him on?
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

4" chartruese grub. The two others I missed felt very nice, but maybe next time
        2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Nice that fish is healthy looking!!

Comment

Very nice, where'd you get him?
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Man, those Patapsco Stripers are looking really nice! I might have to get over there sometime soon...
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I too fished the HH area yesterday, 2-23-12, 1:30pm-5:00pm. I met up with new2yaks later in the afternoon shortly after he launched. It’s always good to have some company out there. I caught two stripers the first 15 minutes, 16” & 23”, then not even a tap the rest of the day. Not much on the FF either. Seems most of the 1000s of gizzards that normally congregate near the WWD this time of year have moved out, or at least away, from the discharge. At least I couldn’t find them. Caught my two on a 5” soft plastic, chart/glit on 3/4oz heads.
                Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
                X