johnsons pond salisbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnsons pond salisbury

Fished for two hours yesterday before the rain came down got two lil bass @10"and 11" on a shad rap. One by the dam another right off the cemetary. If anybody fishes around this area please let me know!!! I have nobody to fish with so if anybody is in the area let's get some lines wet soon!
    Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Next time you go, send me a PM. Ill meet you out there. I would suggest trying the head of the pond. Live minnows under a bobber will catch just about anything in there. I was out in my backyard today (from dirt...no yak) and ended up with multiple crappie, about a dozen yellow perch (full of roe), a white perch and this guy.....all on minnows. I did catch a small pickeral on a tiger rappala. Ignore the overly happy smile.....largest LM from the lake so far. Apparently I was pretty pumped.
    Attached Files

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Awesome I will! I've seen a few of your reports but haven't gotten to say anything yet. Bur yeah I know I love fishing the north side way better its just a bit of a paddle and live bait is a pain most of the time so i tend to go for the plastics and artificials but next time for sure! I have a green pelican always have a few rods with me you may have seen me and my friend with a chartruse malibu out there before. You live on the pond on the north side? Maybe launch from your place one day? We always put in at the ramp which is a hike from the top especially in the wind Haha unless you have a hobie.... Then its cake. Well kinda hahah

Comment

Cold water, might help to slow thing down a bit. That is possibly with the exception of pickerel. I am going to have to try that pond some day.

Where exactly is the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
          Cold water, might help to slow thing down a bit. That is possibly with the exception of pickerel. I am going to have to try that pond some day.

Where exactly is the ramp.
          It is at the end of Lake Street, off of Business Rt. 50.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Wow awesome to see fellow yakers in the area. Definitely post on here in advance of going anywhere in the area. I go to Salisbury University and never have anyone with kayaks to go out with. I would love to join you guys
            -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
            -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
              Wow awesome to see fellow yakers in the area. Definitely post on here in advance of going anywhere in the area. I go to Salisbury University and never have anyone with kayaks to go out with. I would love to join you guys
              For sure! Depending on work i might have to stay home thus weekend instead of going to the meet and greet so me and my buddy chris could be out that way Saturday or Sunday weather depending. Unless we go somewhere new which could happen too. I caught a 4lb bass out of tonytank pond from shore which is right by you almost on campus I haven't looked into a launch there yet its got a dam maybe two with one up top closer to 13 for sure and maybe one lower too but the wicomico is good too evidently south of the city is better iive heard

Comment

Have you guys checked out pond by the waterfoul museam? Pretty shallow but tons of pickeral in there. Also the pond up past the mall headed towards delmar right before that subaru dealer looks really fishy but I havent fished it.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwater View Post
                  Have you guys checked out pond by the waterfoul museam? Pretty shallow but tons of pickeral in there. Also the pond up past the mall headed towards delmar right before that subaru dealer looks really fishy but I havent fished it.
                  I know a few people that have fished them and they are both pickeral rich like you said with pretty good sizes I've heard reports of some going over 28" in shumaker which is the one by the ward museum but haven't fished it for myself. I have Saturday and sunday off hopefully if anybody is interested?

Comment

Working...
                  X