Wicomico River 3/3 & 3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicomico River 3/3 & 3/4

I went the past two days in Salisbury. Yesterday I hit Wetipquin creek off of the Nanticoke with no luck. I loaded up and came back closer to home on the Wicomico river. The fishing was phenomenal!!!! Yesterday me and my buddy landed over 20 yellow perch and probably a few more crappie. The perch ranged in size with 3 or 4 in the 10 inch range. Some of the crappie were bigger. Today we went out again for about 3 hours and caught only about 8 yp with only one large one over 9", but the crappie bite was incredible today. At times it was almost every cast catching 8-9 inchers with 10"+ not uncommon and they were all FIGHTERS!! We were using 1/32 -1-16 oz jigheads, some were like lil mini bucktails with glow in the dark hair, some were bare. I added different types of artificial minnows to these in the 2" range, some of the minnows I used were smaller than 1". I use a double rig to help with casting, and to add to the presentation underwater.

On a side note I brought a buddy out on my now spare kayak, and he had a blast. He actually caught two doubles!! From how excited he was Im pretty sure hes hooked....mission accomplished! I had so much fun today I think everyone should try kayak fishing!!

My buddy with one of his doubles...yes he has his anchor line in his mouth!! (He wanted to get closer to me for the pic)
    -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
    -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Is that the bridge off of Riverside? If so, I think my g/f may have honked her horn at you guys thinking it was me. Either way...nice looking crappie! Ill send you a message next time I head out in the area. Its about time we establish a group of yakers down in this area.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice slabs there. Way to recruit a new yak fishermen, too.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
        Is that the bridge off of Riverside? If so, I think my g/f may have honked her horn at you guys thinking it was me.
        Bummer I thought she was just honking to say "hey good looking" haha. But yeah that was me. Its a super hot spot.
        -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
        -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
          Bummer I thought she was just honking to say "hey good looking" haha. But yeah that was me. Its a super hot spot.
          Haha

Comment

Haha. Heck, for all I know she was. She was looking at houses alone all day while I fished for 10 hours, so she might have been considering trading me in.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
            X