Allen's Fresh 3/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen's Fresh 3/10

Fished Allens Fresh today from my kayak (green sit inside Old Town, if you see me) from 12:30 -5:30pm. Started downstream of the bridge with jigs and found nothing. Went to the popular area just upstream of the bridge and found one small male yellow perch. Saw a shore angler catch a couple of yellow perch. Also observed a few shore anglers just upstream of the main shore angling spot catching plenty of white perch with bobbers and minnows within 10 feet of the shore. Didn't see any real big ones, though. I paddled upstream and tried a number of spots next to downed trees. Caught 3 white perch at one tree with jigs and saw another kayak angler land 9 in about 10 minutes but then it shutdown again. Paddled a ways further upstream and found another downed tree area on an inside bend of the creek that held fish. Anchored up and caught about 30 male yellow perch. Caught them on both 1/16th oz jigs/ 2 inch twister tails and minnows 3 feet under a slip bobber. Managed 6 keepers 9.5-10.5 inches. Most of the keepers were on the minnows. I only had like 6 minnows, and caught a few keepers on the same minnows! Also dropped one keeper while attempting to place it on the stringer and lost another at the boat. Heard that there are a lot of eggs upstream, so I guess the spawn is over....only no one told these male yellow perch! I consider myself lucky to have found this spot, didn't really see/hear anyone else having an outstanding day outside of the those shore anglers with the white perch.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Thanks for the report and the detail. I think I'll head out there this afternoon.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

is this in the severn?

Comment

Working...
      X