No announcement yet.

Who's fishing this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am going to do some exploring and try one of the ponds on the Patapsco. Seven Ponds I think people call the area One of the ones off Belle Grove Road I think. I've been fishing one at the end of Halethorpe Farms Rd and doing ok, but would like to switch it up a little.

Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
      I think I am going to do some exploring and try one of the ponds on the Patapsco. Seven Ponds I think people call the area One of the ones off Belle Grove Road I think. I've been fishing one at the end of Halethorpe Farms Rd and doing ok, but would like to switch it up a little.

Chimo
      I am near there so if you go let me know, I wouldnt mind searching a new area close to home.

Comment

I was thinking of trying this out. I think it is called Southwest park, not positive, just been looking on the maps. Anyone know anything about this?

MAP

From the Baltimore boat launch page:

Southwest Area Park

Southwest Area Park features Baltimore County's newest boat ramp and is located on the Patapsco River. It is for shallow draft boats only.

Vessel Size*: Small
        Community: Lansdowne-Riverview/Baltimore Highlands
        Community Office Phone: 410-887-1439 or
        E-mail: lansdowne-rp@baltimorecountymd.gov

Directions to Southwest Area Park
        I-695 to Exit 9 - Hollins Ferry Road East. Right on Daisy Avenue Right on Annapolis Road. Left on Georgia Avenue - park is at end of road

Comment

Originally posted by jarradw View Post
          I was thinking of trying this out. I think it is called Southwest park, not positive, just been looking on the maps. Anyone know anything about this?
          I haven't been there but that was the area I was thinking about checking out. Actually, I was told that I should take a ride on Belle Grove Rd and take a look by the american legion, I might be able to put in there.... If not, I will launch at Southwest Park. I have heard there is quite a few people who shore fish around the park for what it is worth.

Chimo

Comment

I launched from the Southwest Baltimore ramp and fished the Patapsco ponds in January and caught a 16" Striper by accident. It's a little bit of a run from the ramp to the ponds, but not too bad.

What types of fish will you be targetting? I might be interested in fishing there too as this is the closest ramp to my house.
            Last edited by Shady; 03-13-2012, 01:42 PM.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I dont have a target yet, was reading reports and seeing what might be around. I have my ultralight rig for crappie and such and then the bass rig for everything else. I usually bring them both and go with whatever is biting. Still looking for reports and such as I normally am way up river from there.

Comment

I plan to target crappie, perch, bass and soaking worms for whatever bites if all else fails. Been catching carp and bullhead the last couple times out doing that.

Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
                  I plan to target crappie, perch, bass and soaking worms for whatever bites if all else fails. Been catching carp and bullhead the last couple times out doing that.

Chimo
                  I hate all of those Sounds like fun to me.

Comment

I will be going out Thursday and weather permitting Friday morning as well. I think I am going to hit bush river again and check on the perch situation.
                    Ascend A10

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                      I might hit St. Mary's Lake Thursday after work. I'm not sure where I'll go this weekend. I finally found a brand of catfish bait I used to use a long time ago, so I want to try that out again.
                      I will be landing late Thursday night in Baltimore, Bill- let me know- let's do some serious cat fishing...got some really good bait stashed away...and need some stress relief by listening to the soothing music made by a big fish pulling drag off my reels...
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Fishing Saturday on the Rappahannock right above Tappahannock Virginia.

Target species Blue Catfish & Rockfish. Last year at this time landed rock to 20lbs and catfish to 45 lbs.. I am hopeful the bite will be on and the big fish will be hungry.

Meadeo
                        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

The Potomac river is a good bet. Hit the bank the past few nights and scored numerous lmb on spinnerbaits and crappie/WP on electric chicken jigs. Thanks for making me go to the tackle store meado!

I'm contemplating going for tog on Friday if I can get off.
                          Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                            The Potomac river is a good bet. Hit the bank the past few nights and scored numerous lmb on spinnerbaits and crappie/WP on electric chicken jigs. Thanks for making me go to the tackle store meado!

I'm contemplating going for tog on Friday if I can get off.
                            wtf is an electric chicken jig?
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                              wtf is an electric chicken jig?
                              Pink and yellow/chartreuse and green = electric chicken

Comment

Pink and green
                                Used to fish more.

Comment

Working...
                                X