No announcement yet.

Who's fishing this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What part(s) of the patomac are good for fishing from shore. Looking for bass or crappie
    Ascend A10

Comment

I fish the area around Chain bridge often during the spring for shad, it's too fast for crappie though. Smallmouth, shad, walleye, herring, and white perch are usually the catches with a chance at a striper, snakehead, or blue cat as well. I'll be trying that on Thursday.

As for the area I hit... It's pretty well know. You may have a shot at crappie and bass in the duck pond though and you can launch your kayak there. There are lots of spots on the Potomac, just drive the GW parkway and you'll see plenty of areas to hit. I usually focus on the areas where there is some sort of creek or outflow.
      Used to fish more.

Comment

We used to call it the Mexican flag jig
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

you wouldn't know from reports, but i believe the white perch a biting,...

Comment

Shady, Jarradw,

I'm planning on being at the pull off next to the American Legion on Belle Grove Rd around 430 this afternoon. Need to take a look in person but it looks like launching from there should be doable. Looks to be less than 100 yards to the water. If that doesn't work I will run down to the Southwest Park Launch and paddle back up.

Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
              I will be landing late Thursday night in Baltimore, Bill- let me know- let's do some serious cat fishing...got some really good bait stashed away...and need some stress relief by listening to the soothing music made by a big fish pulling drag off my reels...
              Roger that. Do you have a preference for Saturday or Sunday?
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                The Potomac river is a good bet. Hit the bank the past few nights and scored numerous lmb on spinnerbaits and crappie/WP on electric chicken jigs. Thanks for making me go to the tackle store meado!

I'm contemplating going for tog on Friday if I can get off.
                My job is complete! But yes those jigs work magic!!!

Meadeo
                2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
                  Shady, Jarradw,

I'm planning on being at the pull off next to the American Legion on Belle Grove Rd around 430 this afternoon. Need to take a look in person but it looks like launching from there should be doable. Looks to be less than 100 yards to the water. If that doesn't work I will run down to the Southwest Park Launch and paddle back up.

Chimo
                  Awesome, let me know what it looks like. I may be able to make it over for recon tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady-Black View Post
                    spsp?
                    Yessir!
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

With the early warm weather, all the salt water species should be active and moving back into their usual haunts...white perch, hard heads, stripers, and the season's first flounders along the Wachapreake channels...

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                        Roger that. Do you have a preference for Saturday or Sunday?
                        This time of year weather dictates our days, Bill...pick one, I am in. my back and butt should be recovered by the weekend from the kayak I rented to fish Mosquito Lagoon...no pad, just a cheap folding back rest- someone should start a rental service with real fishing kayaks down here...

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
                          Shady, Jarradw,

Chimo
                          If you park by the American legion, just make sure your are not on their property because I've heard of people being towed. I will be helping Memory Maker with his house on Saturday, so I'm only able to fish sunday. If saturday is better for you guys, I'll look forward to reading your report...
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                            If you park by the American legion, just make sure your are not on their property because I've heard of people being towed.
                            I wasn't planning on it, there is a pulloff that looks like it has some sort of park sign on it just to the west of the Legion. Of course I may have to stop in and talk to them if that doesn't work out. Maybe they might can make an exception for a card carrying member

Chimo

Comment

I am! I am!

Hello Everyone,

Where is there a place to put in for a beginner?

I have a little 9' sit in, so I won't be trolling -Ha!

Thanks-
                              JoAnn Elliott

Comment

If you lived in Southern MD I would take you fishing in a nice little fresh water lake just outside of LaPlata off rt. 6, but that is at least fifty miles from you.

Comment

Working...
                                X