3/14 south river skunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/14 south river skunk

i went fishing after school today to see if any perch were in selby bay yet but apparently not.i tried out my new perfect curcle net thrower on my cast net and is was GREAT. everyone should buy one,honestly. you just throw it like a frisbee and you dont get dirty or wet or have to hold the net in your mouth. i am sure i could throw this sitting down from my kayak be4cause it is so east.also it will make it easier to throw from our 30 foot proline for bunker in the bay. back to fishing, i has a 2 hook handtied bottom rig on my calcutta/quantum combo and i has fishbites on top,and a live minnow on bottom,that setup caught nothing. my second rod was my new curado and shimano teramar combo and i has a small snelled hook with a 1 once bank sinker on a carolina rig with a live minnow,that also had no bites. and last i has my pflueagar infusion spinning rod(my first good one and my favorite for lite lure,i really suggest buying this its great quality for only like 70 bucks for the rod and reel at basspro,its medium lite action btw) but i had a 1/8th ounce jighead with a live minnow and a float about 3 feet about it,i also tried taking to float off and still had no bites.i guess ill just have to wait till april to start catching some pier fish. also i am going to nc for easter and me and some friends will be fishing for some 10+ pound chopper blues off the piers,every year there is a good run in april.and maybe well fish for some flounder and drum also so be expecting a report

good to see you're getting out fishing again and thanks for the report. i've been considering a med-lite rod for perch.

truthfully, i've been a little confused about what i should do. maybe it's just me? but it seems like jigging long fast rods on a kayak is prone to line wrapping around rod tip. but long rods are good for long casts from pier/shore. and i like the crisp feel of fast action. maybe i need to get a couple new rods

either way - i'll check out those termars when i can.

Comment

My favorite thing to do for perch, shad, and small stuff is to take my ultralight combo out and having some fun. Something like this:
      Ultralight rig spooled with some 4lb test and a little jig and every fish will feel like a giant.

It is also nice because of the short length in the kayak. I have a 10' sit in and I keep the ultrlight in the side of the cabin next to me just in case I see the little guys biting Works really well in the rivers I fish also.

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
        good to see you're getting out fishing again and thanks for the report. i've been considering a med-lite rod for perch.

truthfully, i've been a little confused about what i should do. maybe it's just me? but it seems like jigging long fast rods on a kayak is prone to line wrapping around rod tip. but long rods are good for long casts from pier/shore. and i like the crisp feel of fast action. maybe i need to get a couple new rods

either way - i'll check out those termars when i can.
        all i fish is 7 foot rods with 3 pound power pro ,and they are either mdeium or medium heavy,my medium lite is my only medioum lite. but i use 7 foot cuz i fish mainly for blues and striper in the bay and drum flounder trout in nc. but i fihs for alot else like perch coraker and spot in md to.7 foot is my favorite length

Comment

Working...
        X