3/17/12 bay bridge report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/17/12 bay bridge report

hello everyone. me and my dad fished the bay bridge for a couple hours this morning . we got skunked .or as someone said possum-ed. i had 6 fish on but they were short striking or just spitting the hook out. first we left the south river at around 7 30. then we noticed all the fog so we fished Thomas point while the fog went away. i hooked something BIG. not a ray since its st. patricks day so i think it was a trophy. i hooked it on a 6 inch bkd and a 3/4 ounce jighead. then the fog finally cleared and we got to the bridge. we started at the middle and worked piling to piling to the east side. i hooked six other fish there. all on piling 41 on the south east side. no fish hit 10 inch bkds . they just wanted to east six inch ones. i saw to other kayak anglers there but we didnt drive up because our motor might scare there fish away. we are going again in april before the season starts so i think by then the water will be perfect. the water at the bridge was 49 degrees and the water in the river was 54-56. i think once it gets to 55 at the bridge things will heat up. i took alot of pics so here. the fish at thomas point snapped 30 pound test braids btw so that's why it git away my dad took a picture of the fight. also we were using 10inch green glitter bkds on a 1.5 ounce jighead and then 6inch bkds on a 3/4 ounce jighead
    Attached Files

shame about losing the Big fish but you'll be over it soon as you get the next one. thanks for the report and pics.

Comment

Thanks for the report. You definitely weren't skunked, not even possumed. A big fish breaks 30# line, that just sucks.
      #41 is one of my go-to pilings. Usually holds fish. Great for live lining.
      Hobie PA 12

Comment

thanks. we usually dont jig the bridge so im an beginer at that. but we do jig schools.

Comment

i was jiggin the same bkds. thanks for the pics
          sigpic

Comment

10 inch? or the 6 inch also what were you trolling

Comment

i was using 10"

trolling single chutes
              sigpic

Comment

to troll?

Comment

You'll get 'em next time. I had one break me off today too. I just had a minnow on a jig head. I also had ultra light tackle... Oops.
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                  3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I see a disturbing trend.

I got possumed at the bridge Sunday afternoon/evening. I did hook into a nice rock that looked to be about 24" long, but it broke my line as I was reaching for it. BTW the fish that got away was actually caught by trolling a deep-diving crankbait as I was moving from the west end of the bridge toward the rockpile. At first I thought I had got hung up on one of the cables that are connected to those large yellow, round bouys that seem to be tethered to that construction boat.

All in all a beautiful evening to fish and I got to meet Chex to boot, so it was a rewarding time on the water.....as ususal.

Comment

Working...
                    X