3/17/12 Patapsco River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/17/12 Patapsco River

Well I started the day out at the Southwest Boat launch not far from Harbor Hospital. The launch itself is actually rather nice, but the water there had more trash in it than I have ever seen No fish anywhere in sight there or up at the ponds. I spent about an hour and a half and then called my buddy and decided to move up to the Daniel's area.

Best decision of the morning I caught 6 Sunnies, 1 SMB, 1 14" trout and lost a LMB. The water is very clear and weather was awesome. I am very happy to see the numbers of fish I did this early in there year up there. I saw schools of fry and if there are any carp fans out there, at least 3 dozen nice sized carp or carp like fish. They were hanging the deep spots about 10 feet down so it could have been some other large sucker mouth fish, but I would say they were carp.

All in all a very good day on the water for me this early in the year, can't wait to go back.

Glad your change of plans worked out. If they had a body shape similar to a trout, the "carp" that you saw could have been white suckers. I've caught them close to 20". Slow drift a night crawler right in front of their mouth and its a guaranteed bite.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Was that above or below Daniels dam ?

Comment

I was above the dam and they might be suckers, I will take some worms out tomorrow and find out

Comment

Good move changing the plan. I was there as well on Saturday. Launched around 1. Got a huge crappie early, but lost it at the boat... Argh! Nothing after that, but talked with a guy on a John boat who said he had a bucket full of crappie. LOTS of turtles everywhere.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
          X