Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fishing The Bay Bridge Thursday or Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No flag required.

I'm gonna make every effort to be at Sandy Point by 09:00. If its really foggy, I may launch a little later.
    Hobie PA 12

Comment

Alright. See you there
      Ascend A10

Comment

Is it a shorter paddle to laucnch from sandy point? I've never launched from there but I'll give it a try. And I'll probably make it there by 11
        -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
        -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Sandy point is closer to the east side rock pile. I learned that after blindly launching from the g dock...and towing foursteps all the way there and back. For fishing the east end of the bridge, g dock is the obvious choice. The east side rock pile is closer to the western end of the bridge.
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Has anyone launched from the beach right out front? It would save some paddling.
            Hobie PA 12

Comment

Loaded to go for BB in the morning, planing to launch from the eastern shore side at sun up to fish outgoing tide at the pilings. Prob won't do much trolling though mostly jigging but who knows. Almost already had a mishap... Forgot to load up the paddle. That sure would have sucked.

Comment

Ive never launched from there but have seen others and it seems fairly easy / safe. In the summer just watch out for those crazy jet skiers.

Comment

Ive never launched from there but have seen others and it seems fairly easy / safe. In the summer just watch out for those crazy jet skiers.

Comment

Never had a problem from there last year. Only problem I have encountered was from charter boats out there fishing. They will run right up to you to drive you off when your on the fish. They even will throw lures within feet of you and make a wake to try to flip you. Most boaters are cool but there are a few out there that don't think what they are doing and the possible consequences.

Comment

In the interest of safety, I had to bail on this morning. I wasn't trying to be out there by myself in the dense fog this morning, nor did I have time to wait for the fog to burn off. Maybe some other day...

Comment

Metro, Where were you trying to launch from?
                        I might take one tomorrow and do a shakedown.
                        GB

Comment

I was gonna launch from Sandy Point to do some trolling. But I'm down for whatever...

Comment

The water sure has been calm there lately, and the fish are there!

Comment

Originally posted by Grady-Black View Post
                              The water sure has been calm there lately, and the fish are there!
                              yes indeed

Comment

Yea, looks a little foggy but checking the MTA traffic cameras at the bridge, surface visibility looks ok.
                                Hobie PA 12

Comment

Working...
                                X