Susquehanna Flats - Void of Fish 3/21 - 3/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna Flats - Void of Fish 3/21 - 3/22

Well I think the fish are in hiding because I haven't even had s sniff the past two days.

Yesterday I pretty much was drifting against the rock piles on the northern part of the flat and nothing. FF was not marking hardly any fish

Today, I decided to troll the western end of the flats down to Swan Point as there is a narrow but deep channel there. Trolled for several hours using tube-n-worm / kiel tipped with BW and nothing. Again hardly any marks on the FF. Very difficult to see out with the fog.

Once that failed I headed over to the east end around Carpenter's Point and gave it a shot there. Same result. Switched to tossing lures around structure for a little but decided to pack it up.

Talked to many fishermen and same results for them. Water temps 57 -58.5 degrees.

Maybe the fish are still waiting to move? Nice calm day on the water

Minh

Usually the males move in first and then the Cows about a week or 2 later ....... this year who knows ........ I still think we are at least a week away for the cows ... although with the temps moving that quickly they could be moving straight to the spawn ............ and they don't eat while they are spawning ......... got only 1 thing on their minds ..........

Comment

I keep hearing more of the same reports. I'm starting to get worried about this year's season
      There should be resident fish there at all times, but no one seems to be catching them either. I wonder if they've moved up in the river and off the flats.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Sorry to hear about the skunk, but thanks for the recon. I'm surprised the largemouth bass didn't cooperate, either.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
        X