Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/22/11 i absolutly slayed the perch !!!!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/22/11 i absolutly slayed the perch !!!!! :)

hello everyone. so yesterday i brought my kayak from my moms to my dads and today i fihsed in it. i fished blackwalnut cove. its near pal park and anyone can launch there. but anyway after school i took it out from my dads and i brought a rod with a bobber,shad darts and some gulp expecting to catch nothing. but i caught tons. i was fishing the banks with no hits. i saw a man on the bank fishing and catching a perch every single cast within seconds. so i paddled over and asked what he was using. he was using a shard dart,bobber,and grassshrimp. we both fished the area for about 2 hours and he caught over 200. i caught probly 60. the grass shrimp was working alot better than gulp but both caught fish. anyway i put the bobber about 3 feet above the shad dart and cast out and popped it every 2 or 3 seconds. i caught many fish over 10 inches and i caught one 12.5 incher. tomorrow i am goin out again but i will bring a net so i can get some grassshrimp and ill also bring a cooler tomorrow
    Attached Files

Nice!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Is this on the south river? Nice work!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

no. this is in black walnut cove. i have not caught a perch in the river yet. this is brackish water. its basically a big inlet. there is the bay then a small section that winds and then basically a big lake type thing. its hard to explain. its by pal park or st marys school if you go into blackwalnut cove neighborhood then drive all the way down and then take a right there is a coltasac and there is a path to the launch there

Comment

Nice going on the perch and the setup that you used to catch them. Glad you took you kayak out.

Comment

Nice going Andrew. That has always been a good place for perch. I wonder if there is pickerel in there. If you can't find any grass shrimp, try some bloodworm.

Comment

You see what happens when you fish from a kayak
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

yeah . i love fishing but im very limited i cant go everywhere like everyone else. but i hope to when i get older. i might stop by west marine to get grassshrimp but the guy just used a net and scooped it in the water and caught tons but i dont think bait will be an issue..hopefully and yes don people do catch pike back there alot but i just dont target them

Comment

Nice work on the perch. I have to try out the bobber and shad dart method.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I plan too also bill. With the rain coming, I may have to through one out off a pier or bridge and see's what bites.

Comment

im going again today. i just picked up some night crawlers and im going to try and net some grassshrimp. and i set out my minnow trap for bait to catch the BIG perch

Comment

Working...
                      X