Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/23/12.. Slayed the perch again today :) !! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/23/12.. Slayed the perch again today :) !! :)

hey everyone. so today after school i picked up some nightcrawlers from west marine then headed off to black walnut cove with my dad to fish for perch. so i went to the spot where i caught them yesterday and i scooped up about 50 grasshrimp and then rigged my dad up and we began catching fish after fish after fish. the grass shrimp were to fragile to pop the bobber so we just casting into shallows and let it sit for a couple seconds. we were using the bobber shad dart rig again. we caught tons of fish on night crawler, grass shrimp. gulp and minnows. every bait works but the grassshrimp and minnows worked the best and the gulp caught a couple big ones. the night crawlers caught mabye 5 perch . the 2 biggest fish today were 12 and 11.5 there is a picture below of the two next to a 12 inch ruler. (well actually 12.5 considering the extra before the 1 mark and after the 12 mark). but i am going out again tomorrow and the fishing is great! i also snagged a dead carp. i was surprised it was in salt/brackish water but i see them jump sometimes. we only kept like 10 fish but caught probably 50-80 fish all together tight lines !
    Attached Files

Nice work! I've been waiting for the WP to get back. Thanks for the report

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
      Nice work! I've been waiting for the WP to get back. Thanks for the report
      We're gonna have to do a Herring bay Trip soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
        We're gonna have to do a Herring bay Trip soon.
        I was just checking the weather for that

Comment

Nice work on the Perch again. I found Black Walnut Creek, but can't figure out where you would launch a kayak. May try tomorrow...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Oyster creek is a little south if that. It'll probably produce similar results.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I said in my last pot. If you go to black walnut cove.. The neighborhood that is, after st Ann's in the left . If you turn left into the neighborhood and then drive all the way down to a stopping then turn right you will see a coltasac. Then there is a path and follow it like 200 feet to the water. It's not public but everyone uses it but I do because I live there but anyone can use it.

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                Nice work on the Perch again. I found Black Walnut Creek, but can't figure out where you would launch a kayak. May try tomorrow...
                this is directions from the annapolis west marine to the begining of the path hope to see you out there

West Marine 163 Jennifer Road Annapolis, MD 21401
                1. Head east on Jennifer Rd toward Annapolis Exchange 0.3 mi
                2. Take the 2nd right onto Solomons Island Rd 1.3 mi
                3. Exit onto MD-665 E/Aris T Allen Blvd Continue to follow Aris T Allen Blvd 1.3 mi
                4. Continue onto Forest Dr 2.4 mi
                5. Continue onto Bay Ridge Rd 0.5 mi
                6. Turn right onto Arundel on the Bay Rd 0.5 mi
                7. Take the 2nd left onto Blackwalnut Dr 0.3 mi
                8. Turn right onto Blackwalnut Ct 0.2 mi
                Blackwalnut Ct

Show on Google Maps

Comment

Nice! You're on a roll.

Can I come over for dinner
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback