Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/25/12 blackwalnut creek report (82 fish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/25/12 blackwalnut creek report (82 fish)

hey everyone
    today i went fishing in my creek for a couple hours and the water was really high. the cold and rain really messed up fishing for today. or at least until the afternoon. i began by setting out my minnow trap and fishing a cove for about an hour and caught 3 fish and no minnows in my trap. then i paddled to the east side of the creek and fished and caught about 10 fish on worms. then i fished with gulp,shad dart,bobber rig parralel to a pier and caught a ton! finally the water lowered a bit and i was able to catch some grassshrimp. i fished the same pier catching alot more after that.. i counted every fish today and the final count was 82. also the biggest fish was 12 inches and the smallest was 7 inches i was lucky there was no rain today bit it was a little chilly ..heres some pictures
    Attached Files

looks like some nice ones!

i may try to catch some grass shrimp tomorrow. i usually net them off a riprap shoreline in summer but they're kind of hit/miss and i don't know if they're there yet.

Comment

Kid...by the time you're done with that creek, there won't be any perch left. Do you keep any of the smaller ones for bait? Chop them up and freeze for later, they would probably make good catfish bait.
      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I don't fish for catfish and I do catch and release. But we do use them for chunking for rockfish in the summer and fall

Comment

Some of those look dark, usually they only look like that in deep water. Maybe they just came in...

white perch are the best crab bait...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
            +1
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
              Some of those look dark, usually they only look like that in deep water. Maybe they just came in...

actually i use bluefish or menhaeden. the oiliness is better for me at least

Comment

Working...
              X