Are you fishing this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you fishing this weekend?

Saturday looks like possible rain, but not all day- so where are you fishing this weekend? I am torn between Mattawoman Creek and St. Jerome Creek- One is brackish to fresh water; the other is salt water- species are totally different and I would need to mash my barbs flat on my lures to fish St. J's creek...or use circle hooks on fish finder rigs with bloodworms...

If I fish Mattawoman Creek it will be for snakeheads and bass- got plenty of Blue Catfish filets- although I probably would catch a catfish on lures since I have every trip so far- I like the idea of tossing buzz baits and top water lures over the growing spadderdock and water lilies in the warming shallow flats, but...

I also like the idea of catching a big rockfish at St. J's creek on bloodworms and/or top water lures-

This weekend could be fun- which day should be best? I think Sunday is my day-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

I'm heading to Front Royal to visit some friends this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have time to hit Lake Frederick with my buddy. Apparently, a lot of citation sunfish come out of there, the bass aren't too bad, and there are even walleyes to catch. We'll see how it goes.

You could give Mike at Buzz's a holler to see how the action at the inlet is. On a thread on tidalfish a week or two ago, Walleye Pete mentioned seeing gannets at the Point No Point light. That's got to be a good sign.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

As you already know I will be checking out Mattawoman Creek on Saturday. I plan on catching a few kitties, but want to target some crappie again, then maybe practice catching bass and who knows... a snakehead. I saw the rain forecast, but I will ignore it this time. Last week they predicted alot of rain and I got very little at my house.

Comment

I cant decide whether to hit the beach at Assateague Island or fish from the Yak. I really wanna get my hooks into a striper! But im thinking I might hit OC and try for some flounder or tog again.

ANY EASTERN SHORE GUYS GOT ANY OPTIONS??
        -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
        -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Flounder are showing up in Quimby and Wachpreake in good numbers- so the spring run has started...may not be in Ocean City yet, but they are on the Eastern Shore- figure PLO in a couple of weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            figure PLO in a couple of weeks...
            Forgive my ignorance, But what does PLO stand for?
            -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
            -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Point Lookout
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

BB, Susky Flats (if I can figure out how/where... never been) for big stripers...

St. Jerome's sounds interesting, Ron. I was there a few times last fall and I like it a lot.

Mattawoman also sounds like fun.

GF is away, so I'm free free free.
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
                  BB, Susky Flats (if I can figure out how/where... never been) for big stripers...

St. Jerome's sounds interesting, Ron. I was there a few times last fall and I like it a lot.

Mattawoman also sounds like fun.

GF is away, so I'm free free free.
                  Let's fish Sunday at Mattawoman- launch after noon and fish until dark-

Comment

Hitting Rocky Gorge Sunday. Flrst time out with my new Ascend FS10. I used to fish it with my canoe all the time but decided on a yak because the canoe was too much empty boat blowing around.
                    BTW, you can now get your permit online and pay with a credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                      Let's fish Sunday at Mattawoman- launch after noon and fish until dark-
                      Ron, sounds good. Just got back from there. I have a bone to pick with the creek, so I need to go back. I'll be there at noon but near the launch until you arrive.
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Where do you guys launch out of? I have never fished Mattawoman before. I am taking out my PA on its maiden voyage this Saturday and if everything goes well, I'd like to fish with y'all on Sunday.
                        Cliff Williams
                        Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Take route 210 south until you come to Indian Head Naval Weapons Station...last street on left before you enter gate is Mattingly- take a left on Mattingly and drive to the end- public launch is free....fish above or below the launch...both are productive. I have family in town this weekend so no fishing for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X