3/30 Bush rvr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/30 Bush rvr

Spent my afternoon casting off my pier in the bush playing with my new rod and reel. Went to dicks yesterday and picked up a 6'6" medium power fast action st. croix. Got my first WP of the year! First fish I've ever caught on a swim shad. Just one tiny little perch but it was awesome!
    Attached Files
    Ascend A10

I've always wanted to catch something on a lure like that. I have a bunch, and so far, haven't caught anything on 'em. Mine aren't blue though.

Congrats on the new rod and the fish!
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Nice way to break in a new rod. What model did you get?

When I was a kid 2" blue and white Sassy Shads were the go-to lures for crappie in my local reservoir. Now they're called "swim baits". I was ahead of my time for once, I guess.

Mike--those small storm shads are awesome for pickerel, crappie, and yellow perch. I never tried them for white perch because there are usually bluefish around when I fish for perch, and those lures are too nice to waste on blues.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
        I've always wanted to catch something on a lure like that. I have a bunch, and so far, haven't caught anything on 'em. Mine aren't blue though.

Congrats on the new rod and the fish!
        Put three on an Alabama rig and troll- guarantee- fish on...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X