Potomac Smallies 4/7/12: "The Wind"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac Smallies 4/7/12: "The Wind"

I hit the upper Potomac today in search of smallies and joined up with another angler in his kayak. I was surprised how windy it was and the wind did not let up the whole time we were out. My buddy caught 7 smallies and I ended up with 3. Size ranged from 8 inches to 14 inches. The fish were down deep and seemed to prefer tubes. I caught two on a beetle spin with a grub trailer bounced across the bottom.

It was great fishing with someone else, but next time with no wind!

Here's the trip summarized in 6 pictures.

Hey I know that guy in the first picture, thats Mr Dave Thompson AKA Turtle135, It was a bit windy today but atleast you caught a couple and kept that smelly skunk out of you kayak

Comment

Good job finding the smallies in the wind. It's been ages since I've caught one. Where did you launch?
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Anywhere

You can launch anywhere along the C&O Canal and catch smallmouth bass. We were at Edwards Ferry yesterday, but anyplace will work.

Comment

That's him.

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
          Hey I know that guy in the first picture, thats Mr Dave Thompson AKA Turtle135, It was a bit windy today but atleast you caught a couple and kept that smelly skunk out of you kayak
          Yup, that's Turtle135! He's a nice guy to fish with. We had a great time.

Comment

Working...
          X