Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunde Creek or Mariner Point marina tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunde Creek or Mariner Point marina tomorrow?

Anyone want to fish Mariner Point or Dundee Creek tomorrow? Also, what time do these two launch points open and close? I have looked on the internet but there are discrepancies between varies sites.

Cliff
    Cliff Williams
    Hobie Pro Angler 14

Dundee changes it's time. Sometimes it's 530, other times it's 630. There's a gate there with a sign telling you the time.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Oh hey, did you get the PA out on the water? What did you think?

Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Yes! I started out with Yak Mike and Mullet Miller launching from Tydings park in Havre de Grace around 6:20 AM. Unfortunately none of us had any luck on catching stripers. We headed back in around 10 and had lunch. After that I headed to Lake Roland at Robert E. Lee Park. I wanted to test out my FF and the yak more. I met a friend there and he persuaded me to let him sit on the back of the yak. I was a little unsure but it worked out just fine. We fished all day, catching tiny bass and exploring a lot of the lake we had not seen before. While in the smaller creeks, both of us would stand up and fish without any problems at all. I would toss in the drift shoot and we would float along tagging shore line and cover. I could not believe both of us could stand and cast without too much of a problem. I am happy with my decision to get the PA. In fact, I was so excited I forgot to take a single picture
        Cliff Williams
        Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Pretty awesome that you were able to fish with two people on your new PA. Glad you got out and got some fish on the new yak. What did you use? I think both dundee and mariner point open later during the week, but dont know for sure. The kayak launch at mariner point is pretty terrible, so if you launch there, just use the boat ramp...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Cool. I didn't know you could buddy fish off the PA. Also, thanks for the report on lake roland. I've wanted to check it out, but I never got the chance yet. Small bass can be a good time too. Were you throwing small lures or was that all that was around?

Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

I have not caught a big bass at lake roland. I was using Mepps Aglia #1 and #2. I target big bass with the #5 this time of the year. It is a great lure and bass seem to swarm them. Just work the shoreline and toss in by submerged logs. The bass were on the bottom nosed up against the logs. Sometimes I could see three or four small bass chasing down my lure Such a good feeling when you know your lure is working haha
              Cliff Williams
              Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Working...
              X