does anglers fix reels? please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anglers fix reels? please help

i have an abu garcia ambasaduer i need fixed. i was thinking anglers but if anyone knows ANYWHERE OR ANYONE who can help please do so. if any of you fix reels please help also any suggestions on where to get it fixed.

What size ambasaduer is it? and I know they dont have any Abu parts I needed
    '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
    '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
    Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

what problem are you having? Abus are pretty easy to work on.

Have you tried AllTackle?

Comment

last year i was loading up in the yak for a south river trip and some idiot women let her dog charge after me knocking everything in the sand,i took it apart and cleaned it but it does not work.

Comment

I'm wondering if one or some of the bearings have gone bad since it was in the sand. It could possibly be the anti-reverse bearing in the handle as well. Tough to tell without seeing it.

did you download a schematic from the abu site? That will give you the exact parts listing for your reel. You could break it down and inspect each and every part to see if you can find the root of the problem.

Lemme know if you need help

Minh

Comment

Since you live in Edgewater, stop by Marty's Tackle Shop. Jim has a regular reel repair guy who can work on most reels.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

yeah i did that last summer, i just really want to use it for live lineing this year and for flounder and not have to buy a new one. i called anglers i might get it done there or martys ... idk yet.

Comment

You can get it fixed at All Tackle in Annapolis too.

Comment

Is this still the bcx? I can probably fix it for you or have the rod and reel guy in Aington do it. Let me know if you have trouble
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

its the smaller red bxc or whatever it is. is the 5500 model. i think im just going to try all tackle

Comment

Working...
                    X