4/14/12 blackwalnut report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/14/12 blackwalnut report

today i used my new 4ft 6inch ultra light 19.99 dollar shakespeare rod i bought at walmart,i have been wanting an ultralight for a while so i got this to see how i like it. its amazing,i caught over 50 perch with it today.anyway i was using a small spinner bait with a 1 inch green twister tail. i fished deep and shallow and caught the 10+ inch perch in the deep water(10 feet ). one thing,i really do recomend this little rod and reel ,it performed just as good as any 100 dollar reel i have . the rod reel and 4 poundtest line is only 20 bucks at walmart,its a shakespeare micro spin. so get out and buy one.also i caught a 12.5 inch perch today.alsmot citation and it was a blast on that tiny rod.

Slid in from Va. this afternoon trying to find this place. I ended all twisted around. I did find Blackwalnut ct. Dead end and I did not see a launch. Wasted a lot of time driving around the backroads. Had no idea there were so many little creeks and such. Beautiful area and nice homes, now it would ne nice to get in some water. Any help with directions would be great.

Sounds like that little ultralight did a good job for you, might need to check one of those out.

Comment

if you go to the coltasac there is a path that takes you to the pier. its private but no one minds if you go once

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
        if you go to the coltasac there is a path that takes you to the pier. its private but no one minds if you go once
        Thanks

Comment

Nice work on the Perch again! I've always used ultralight for perch fishing, definately make it a lot more fun. It's even more fun when you get that surprise Striper every once and a while.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

im about to go again now,we went to thomas point today with bloodworms but caught nothing,did get the see a boat burn down and a marina catch on fire though

Comment

Working...
            X