Triadelphia 4/15/12 White Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triadelphia 4/15/12 White Perch

I went to Triadelphia this evening. I have been wanting to try out a walleye bottom bouncer and nightcrawler worm harness for over a year. It worked for white perch just fine.

I also got to test out the fish finder I bought off of craigslist for cheap. It sure beats paddling around not knowing what's below the surface. This dual beam unit works pretty nice.

I'll give the bottom bouncer and worm harness a serous effort this year at Triadelphia and Rocky Gorge and see how it produces. So far I've made 2 trips to Triadelphia and not gotten skunked yet!!!!!!!

[/URL]

Are you just dragging this as you paddle around the lake or are you casting it out? How often do you check to make sure weeds don't get stuck on it?
    Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Dan,
      Is that rod/reel combo a Dick's special? I have the same one and like it a lot. I was really surprised considering at was only 25 bucks.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Worked Well for White Perch

It worked well for white perch. I can't say that it will catch any other species of fish though. I'll keep trying it out and report back.

I'm trolling/paddling around with the bouncer behind me. With a bait caster it's easy to get up some momentum paddling and then press the button to drop the bouncer to the bottom. Then I'd let out a bunch of line so that it was about 20-30 feet behind the kayak. Stuff I read said that you want the line in about a 45 degree angle behind you. So it worked really well with the bait caster and a rod holder.

I didn't snag on any weeds at all. Once or twice the rig got tangled up and I could tell by the vibrations it made as I paddled. I only used 2 worms my entire trip. I sure hope some other species of fish latch onto it though.

Comment

You Got It!

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
          Dan,
          Is that rod/reel combo a Dick's special? I have the same one and like it a lot. I was really surprised considering at was only 25 bucks.
          Yes, that Lightning Rod and the bait casting reel came as a combo on sale at Dicks. I think I purchased it in Late 2010. I stink at casting with the thing, but it works perfect for trolling! I'd buy another one if I come across it again in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
            Yes, that Lightning Rod and the bait casting reel came as a combo on sale at Dicks. I think I purchased it in Late 2010. I stink at casting with the thing, but it works perfect for trolling! I'd buy another one if I come across it again in the store.
            Totally agree. Don't underestimate their strength either.
            Attached Files

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
            X