Rocky gorge 4/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky gorge 4/19

Nothing to great to report. Lost a nice one on my first few casts of the day. After that a couple crappie and a YP and that was all.

Did see quite a few bass on beds, no eggs. They didn't want anything to do with my lures as they would scatter everytime I cast near them. Most beds had a single fish on them. Did see a pair hovering around one bed though.

Wish I could get out more this week but I'll be workkkin....

I'm probably going to hit it Saturday morning. I will most likely put in at Scotts Cove and head up. I've fished the Gorge 2 times and was skunked each time. She can be tricky! As long as I have my coffee and a cigar it's not a complete waste!

Comment

Did you guys try small jerkbaits? Lucky craft 78s work well in the coves there
      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
      Northern Pike: 24 inches
      Crappie: 12 inches
      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

I'm heading out on Saturday

I'm hitting Rocky Gorge on Saturday morning. I've got my plan of attack ready. Hopefully I'll have some results to show. First trip to the Gorge for me in 2012.

Comment

4/21/12 Rocky Gorge Report

I launched from the top end of Rocky Gorge and discovered stained water. Triadelphia was clearer when I was up there last weekend.

I fished some areas with crank baits. I trolled some areas with the bottom bouncer and crank baits. I threw some jerk baits. No action at all. No surface activity observed except for a couple of carp.

I eventually caught a white perch. On the paddle back to the ramp, I found a dead striper floating on the surface. It was probably around 28 inches long. Massive head, mouth, and gills.

Next time out, I'm headed to the upper Potomac to catch some smallies.

Comment

I'm going to try between Scott's Cove and 29 sometime soon. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Northern Pike: 24 inches
            Crappie: 12 inches
            Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Here's a quick map I made of fishing areas in Rocky Gorge:

The numbers are in meters.