Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4/21/12 opening day striper report(middle bay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/21/12 opening day striper report(middle bay)

today me and my dad left the house at five and had lines in the water bye 5 45. we trolled 5 lines with 9 inch parachute tandems and umbrellas. we trolled for 8 hours and caught nothing. we saw n o fish caught either. a charter captain that im friends with caught 4 and the biggest was 44 inches,were going with him tommorow so hopefully well get them now. also we trolled from the gas Buoy near dear north to the bridge and went west to east alot. today just plain sucked , not a good way to start the season

Keep trying they are out there
    '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
    '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
    Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Reports I got from the captains today was the fish are in about 30 feet of water straight out from randle cliffs. 35" - 40" class fish

Comment

at least you got to see the spectacle of opg day. beats heck out of yardwork. did you see lots of baitballs? high, low in water column? i haven't been out in bay channels for awhile,..

Comment

we trolled anywhere from 30 to 100 feet all day and we saw alot of fish on the meter but nothing to show for it

Comment

If your not catching you should be learning. Definitely a lot of fish caught this weekend. Check your baits, groom the hair with a comb and keep em clean it matters! Havent been out this year from my boat but if there is a lot of seaweed and slime out ill check all my lines every half hour. Vary the depths of your presentations, put out different colors/arrangements any thing that might get you a bite. REMEMBER exactly what you did and how everything was set up WHEN you catch a fish.

You'll get em, stay after it!!!

Persistance really does pay off
            -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
            -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

I had a similar experience yesterday at Piney Point- Bill was still there when I threw in the towel and left, but I pulled 15 miles on my Outback with Stretch 25's, XR14's, parachutes, Berkley eels, bucktails, etc. And back at the launch- one boat had a limit for six anglers- all fish were over 40 inches- caught them at buoy 9 off Piney Point- he said they were in 35-50 feet of water and they were all caught on chartreuse and white parachutes...so you can't figure it out when the guy next to you is using the exact same bait... fishing it the exact same way you are and is catching fish on every cast while you get nothing- that is why it is called fishing; not catching...
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

we checked them every 30 minutes and brush them and sprayed no tangle hair spray on them. were great at trolling its just they wouldnt bite. ive been trolling since i was 7

Comment

Wasnt trying to insult you, just thought you were fishing for some advice. GL next time
                  -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
                  -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

i know you werent but thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
                    X