OC Flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Flounder

RavensDFense and myself went out this morning in OC to fish for flatties. Got some minnows / spro jigs / gulp. We got used the incoming to get us out in the bay and then fished through til around 1 and caught the outgoing for a lift back. The wind kicked up pretty good this afternoon so glad we got out when we did.
    As expected there were a lot of boats out there, I counted 20 right around us at one point. We had to fish in the channel and everyone was nice and slowed down for us and because of all the boats. Doug hooked up with a 16.5" and then about 2 minutes after I got a 16 3/4" ( I tried to stetch him out, wasn't happening) That was it for the day. Saw three other fish caught only one keeper. We fished the thorfare and it seems for right now it is fished out. Might try and get back down there some night this week or next weekend. Had a lot of fun.

Side note on our way back we stopped at Paddle House on 50, about three miles West of the 50 Bridge. Nice shop with everything you can dream of spending your money of for kayak fishing. If you guys ever come down to OC you should stop in and check it out, you can find something to buy and upset your wives lol.

When the big flounder bite is on, I'll be down there. Thanks for the report.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

thanks for report. today was non-fishing day for me but drifting for flounder would have perfect. glad you got some!

Comment

I got nothing yesterday. I started out launching from the small beach at the end of selsey rd and tried drift jigging around the thorofare and ended up all the way down by the 50 bridge. I tried for tog along the 5th-2nd street bulkhead, but I only had gulp crab with me and no takers. I got close enough to the 50 bridge to read the sign that said "caution strong current." No kidding, that current is serious (outgoing tide). Times like those I thank god for my torqeedo. Blasted out of there and ran out of battery near the first island north of the 50 bridge and peddled the rest of the way back.

Glad you guys atleast found a few even if they didnt make it. I talked to a few boaters that said they had caught a coulple here and there and one said they had two over 20"

I might have to give it a go again once the waters warm a little more.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Sorry I never messaged you back JC last week was super busy for me. I might be able to go down for an afternoon this week.
          -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
          -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
            When the big flounder bite is on, I'll be down there. Thanks for the report.
            I'll be with you Tufnik.....

Comment

Working...
            X