11-21-21 Pre Thanksgiving Lower Potomac Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-21-21 Pre Thanksgiving Lower Potomac Report

Well, here's my first report utilizing the new system. Started Sunday making a batch of Southern Maryland stuffed hams. The forecast was solid, so we decided to have a go in the afternoon and launched at 1; a couple of hours before high tide. I haven't been out in two weeks. Two weeks ago we were having difficulty finding the fish in the shallows and creeks, so Sunday we launched into the Potomac proper. We were going to try our hand at trolling and jigging deeper water. We worked the water column at various depths, I would estimate down to +40' (I don't have electronics and my buddy didn't have his). My buddy was utilizing a 1/4 oz. jig with 4" paddle tail and was able to get a healthy 20" right off the bat trolling. He also had success casting the same rig to existing structure in deeper water. The 20" was the largest fish caught by either of us during our four hour excursion. I started out trolling and switched to jigging. I had a 1 1/2oz. white bucktail that I lost to a snag, that didn't wasn't producing. I also switched to a 6" Storm that was getting hits. I eventually went back to a 1/4 oz. jig and paddle tail and that was ticket. I ended up with about half a dozen rockfish in the 14-19" range. Here's the disappointing news, the two bigger fish I caught (18"&19") had sores. I didn't really fish like this earlier in the season, so this was a bit of a surprise and a bit sad. All in all, it was a good day for me fishing with my good friend and getting out again and getting the skunk off. I hope all you Snagged Liners have a good Thanksgiving and a safe rest of the season if you're still fishing!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160
Working...
X