Yellow perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow perch

Hello SL! It's probably nearly two months since I've been fishing. I see that others have posted about going after blue channel cats and the like. It's something I've considered, but seeing as how we are now in February....I'm starting to think about the yellow perch run. If I understand correctly, it should start relatively soon. I'm thinking, Allen's Fresh. Any other spots or tips I should consider?
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Just a FYI.. Check out this page from the DNR.. Fishing and Shellfish Maps (maryland.gov) scroll down the page to the yellow perch location map and the Public Angler Access Map.
    Last edited by mjfishnut; 02-08-2022, 09:54 AM. Reason: Additional info
    2016 Old Town Predator 13 Urban Camo

Comment

In addition to the great link mjfishnut shared, Fish Talk has a lot of articles on yellow perch fishing in MD: https://fishtalkmag.com/search/node?keys=yellow+perch

The first article (Perch Palooza) is especially helpful
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Thanks for hopefully getting the ball rolling. I see they are catching them in deep water in the susky river and middle river. I know in the past I have seen reports from people catching them at Wayson's corner (rt4) on super bowl weekend. Has anyone seen any tidal creek reports? I know people report more on instagram/other sites these days. Southern Maryland streams don't seen to start filling with YP until March. Unfortunately fishing pressure has increased like crazy the last 5 years and the runs are decreasing.
        Green Old Town Loon 111
        Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Thanks for the replies all. Lots of information to contemplate and hopefully a trip in the next few weeks.
          Tight lines
          Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
          Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
          Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
          Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Working...
          X